Monday, April 9, 2012

Busy as a Bee

Hello again my cyber friends!

As I said last week, spring has arrived and that means things on any farm including ours are crazy busy!  The boys are getting ready to start planting by preparing the fields and the machinery for duty.  The pallets upon pallets of seed have arrived so its only a matter of hours before planting begins!  Once it starts maybe we will create a bit of a jinx and it will rain, a great rain, or any rain for that matter.  We are in desperate need for moisture of any kind!  

Since the boys are all occupied with their own duties, I have been relatively alone this week.  This means I have been busy as a bee.  I know for a fact I am like a bee because believe it or not they have arrived!  From lilacs to bees spring is in full swing.  

Aren't the lilacs pretty?!


So this week I got those new huts ready for new little guys set to arrive tomorrow!  I also arranged with the neighbor we met at the sale to pick up the huts he had too!  I have nine new homes for babies!  And there will be more huts to come, I didn't get all of the neighbor's yet!  

We are ready! 

I also am loaning a calf to another neighbor who raises angus cattle.  He had a set of twins but Momma cow only accepted one for whatever reason (nature works in mysterious ways) and now he has to bottle feed the unaccepted calf.  So he decided his little guy needed a friend!  I will be delivering a friend tomorrow.  I hope they get along! I hope to get a picture of the two of them for next week!  

I leave you for now with a picture of Conner, who is getting weaned this week because it is just too difficult for him to stay in his hut!  He is quite the Con-Artist (thus the name) and gets out so much I am not even fazed by it.  Even today when I had visitors and he bolted by I said oh its just Conner no worries.  When its time for dinner he always comes around!  

Waiting patiently for my arrival.  


Until we meet again.  (I'm off to do a rain dance!)



No comments:

Post a Comment